12 Great Native American Argumentative Essay Topics For High School Students
A few good and persuasive topics to develop about the Native American tribes and folk
The methodical removal of the Native American people from their homelands by very questionable methods by the European colonizers is one of the most appalling examples of western preponderance and the advancement of the capitalistic machine. And this makes for a veritable gold mine of issues that can be used by high school students to produce argumentative essays about the Native Americans.
These topics are ever more sensitive now with the growing sensitivity to political correctness. Therefore, it is highly advisable to writers to bear proper sanctum and politic prudence in mind when working on these topics.
The following are some of the issues and topics that may be used to develop compelling argumentative essays by high school students…
- The true implications of the neo-modern American Indian identity and nomenclature on the Native Americans: Native Americans’ resentment toward this name as a manifestation of western influence upon them.
- The diminution of the language of the Native Americans under the influence of western factors over the years.
- The saga of the trail of tears, and the American Indian tribe called the Cherokees: A study of the brutal savage pursuit of the native tribes’ folk.
- A study in the color of the Cherokee skin: An insightful investigation of the Cherokee people.
- An investigation in the mind and matter of the South-East Chickasaw Native American tribe.
- A discussion of the tribal beliefs and practices of the Chumash American Indian tribes and their story of originations and progression.
- An analysis of the mythology commonly associated with the Lakota Native American tribe.
- A detailed investigation of the Dawes Act: The story of how the Dawes Act enabled the United States’ Government to exploit the Native American tribes.
- An investigative discussion into the role played by Andrew Jackson in the systematic removal of the American Indians from the areas west of the Mississippi river.
- A detailed study of the series of attacks and skirmishes conducted on immigrant wagon locomotives moving through the state of Utah in the year 1857: Also known as the Mountain Meadows Massacre
- A real discussion into the truth and verity about the origin, existence, and importance of Pocahontas, and the legend of Pocahontas.
- The American Indian casinos, now and then. The implications the Indian Casinos have had on American Mafia, and the role and relation with other crime syndicates.