Personal Essay Topics: 20 Outstanding Ideas
A personal essay is one of the most vibrant and richest forms known to literature. It gives the writer much more of an opportunity to go outside the standard essay limits by using characterizations, a friendly tome, settings, and conversational dialogue. During the process of writing your essay, you will have the ability to express all of your interests, ideas, and thoughts to an audience, while also forcing you to stimulate your mind by being honest and candid with yourself.
Writing a personal essay is a wonderful way to become more confident, reveal the uniqueness of your personality to others, and to determine what you like and what you don't. Here are 20 outstanding ideas that you may find to be of interest when searching for your perfect topic:
- Our time on Earth is brief. What mission are you accomplishing while you are here?
- Have you ever been through the experience of a moment of epiphany, allowing you to see something clearly?
- What is the philosophy you use in your approach to life?
- Has there ever been something you wanted so desperately that you would do whatever it took to get it?
- What was the most difficult time that you have gone through so far in your life? As a result of the experience, how was your perspective on life changed and how did you triumph?
- What is the most rewarding experience that you have ever had?
- Is there any specific skill, quality, or attribute that makes you different from others?
- Look at yourself from another's point of view. How would you be described by your friends?
- How were the interests you have now shaped by experiences from your childhood?
- Have you ever failed at something you struggled with? What was your response?
- Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma? How were you affected?
- What prominent person from the past would you like to interview?
- What is the major achievement so far in your life?
- What do you feel are your negative and positive features?
- What one thing from the past would you like to change?
- Is there a terrifying experience that you remember from when you were a child? How did it happen?
- Have you ever been implicated in something unlawful? What lessons were learned?
- What is the most important social event you have participated in?
- Failures shape us in different ways. What have you gained from such an experience?
- What is your most important community activity?